Rat’s Ass Review, an online poetry magazine, is reading submissions for their summer issue. Looking for poems with originality, grace, and wisdom. But also “that totally oddball, rank, sarcastic little gem that you are almost embarrassed to have written, the one you don’t want your grandmother to see, but that you are privately proud as hell to have spawned.” Deadline: April 15, 2017.
19 search results for "poetry"
New online quarterly Cold Creek Review (Alabama) seeks submissions for their debut and subsequent issues. Accepts poetry, fiction, and nonfiction in almost all styles. “We want your submission to leave us paralyzed and distressed. We challenge you to alarm us.” For poetry, submit 3-5 poems. For fiction and nonfiction, submit a piece no longer than 4,000 words. Deadline: None.
Wanted: poetry and creative nonfiction for an anthology about money (editors Aaron Giovannone and Naomi K. Lewi in Calgary, AB). “Literature often pretends to transcend the material conditions of life, but let’s talk cash: having it, not having it, owing it, wanting it, needing it, fear of losing it, the things we do for it, and the ways it changes us.” Submit nonfiction pieces of up to 5,000 words or up to five poems. No fiction. Previously published work and simultaneous subs are fine. Deadline: May 31, 2017.
Brickplight (US) is an online poetry journal that exists to promote the exploration of unique identities through daring poetry. Currently accepting submissions for Issue 6. Deadline: April 25, 2017.
ZiN Daily in Istria, Croatia, publishes border-crossing work that illuminates underexplored connections between different segments of culture. Seeks fiction, nonfiction, and poetry in English, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, Montenegrin, French, German, and Italian. Translations are welcome. Visual art is also accepted. Length: 4000 words max. Deadline: Ongoing.
Spadina Literary Review is an online literary journal based in Toronto, Canada, with an international readership. Seeks submissions of short fiction (350-3500 words), poetry, short nonfiction (1200-3000 words), and comics. Intrigue and suspense writing is especially welcome, as is humour. Deadline: Ongoing.
Beside the Point, an online and print creative writing journal published at Camosun, a community college in Victoria, BC, invites submissions for the next issue. Theme: What does “community” mean to you? Accepts prose, poetry, images (work may be reproduced in b&w) or a combination of these. Length: 2500 words max. Also publishes comics 8 pages max.). Deadline: January 28, 2017.
Compose: A Journal of Simply Good Writing seeks poetry, literary fiction, creative nonfiction, and photography/art for their Spring 2017 issue. Publishes work by established and emerging writers. Deadline: January 31, 2017.
Monthly online literary magazine The Woven Tale Press welcomes submissions of poetry, fiction, memoir, flash fiction and the experimental. Also considers literary works accompanied by original art images. Deadline: Ongoing.
Peacock Journal (US), a daily online literary & arts magazine highlighting beauty in all its forms, seeks fiction, flash, poetry, nonfiction, translations, and art from emerging and established writers and artists. Pieces may also be selected for inclusion in their print anthology. Deadline: Rolling, reads year-round.
New book imprint CARBON (US) is looking to publish 4-8 books in 2018. Open to poetry, novels, short fiction, and memoir, as well as full-length books on any subject — 1-2 slots reserved for technology/culture-related manuscripts. Encourages submissions from new and established writers. Authors receive a standard royalty-based contract, promotion in each Carbon Culture newsstand edition, review copies mailed to magazines and journals, and 15 author copies. Deadline: Open through 2017.
Experimental literary journal Infinity’s Kitchen (US) is looking for writing that results from new recipes or from existing recipes that have been compellingly redefined. Welcomes innovative fiction, poetry, essays, interviews, and multimedia works. Open to anything that is literary, conceptual, and process-oriented. Deadline: Ongoing.
New arts and culture online journal The Curious Element Magazine is accepting submissions for their debut issue. Looking for nonfiction, fiction, poetry, plays, and more. Deadline: April 14, 2017.
bird, buried press is accepting chapbook submissions from Ontario writers. Open to poetry, fiction, nonfiction, flashfiction, scripts, strange hybrid texts, or invented genres. Also interested in publishing broadsides, chapoems, and small book objects. Deadline: Ongoing.
Asian Cha is accepting submissions for “Writing Japan,” an edition of the journal devoted to work from and/or about Japan. Looking for work by Japanese and non-Japanese writers writing in relation to Japan, as well as work that challenges fixed ideas about Japanese identity and the Japanese experience. Interested in translations, poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction. Deadline: May 31, 2017.
Femmeuary! (UK) is seeking submissions of short fiction, poetry and opinion pieces on the loose theme of feminism. Length: 3000 words max or six poems. Deadline: February 1, 2016.
Hello! Please use this form to tell us about your submission call or contest.
In the “Details” section please include key elements like genre (poetry, fiction, etc.), word length, theme, payment/prize, fees, etc. Please keep it short and web-friendly. We will link back to your website where interested writers can read the full details. Thank you in advance.
Thanks for following the guidelines and for your support!
P: Poetry F: Fiction N: Non-fiction C: Childrens’ D: Drama O: Other
Maritimes (NF, NS, PEI, NS)
- Breakwater Books (St. John’s, NL) P F N C O
- Broken Jaw Press (Fredericton, NB) P F N D
- Creative Book Publishing (St. John’s, NF) P F N D E O
- Gaspereau Press (Kentville, NS) P F N E O
- Goose Lane Editions (Fredericton, NB) P F N
- Nimbus Publishing (Halifax, NS)
- Alter Ego Editions
- Cactus Press (Montreal) P
- Cumulus Press (Montreal) P F N D E O
- dc books (Ville St. Laurent) P F N D E O
- Mercutio Press (Montreal) P F N
- PistolPress (Montreal,QC) P F
- Vehicle Press (Montreal) P F N D O
- WithWords (Montreal) P F
- above/ground press (chapbooks) (Ottawa) P
- Anansi Press (Toronto) P F N
- Biblioasis (Windsor) P F N
- Black Bile Press (Ottawa) F
- Black Moss Press (Windsor) P F N
- Brindle & Glass (Georgetown) F N
- BookLand Press (Toronto) P F N
- Borealis Press (Nepean) P F N C D E O
- Brick Books (London) P
- The Brucedale Press (Port Elgin) P F N O
- Burning Effigy Press (Toronto) chapbooks
- BuschekBooks (Ottawa) P F N O
- Coach House Books (Toronto) P F D
- Cormorant Books (Dunvegan) F
- ECW Press (Toronto) P F N
- Groundwood Books (Toronto) C
- Grey Borders Books (Niagara Falls P F D O
- Guernica Editions ( Toronto) P F N E O
- Insomniac Press (Toronto) P F N
- Mansfield Press (Toronto) P
- McClelland and Stewart (Toronto)
- The Mercury Press (Toronto) P F N O
- Nightwood Editions (Toronto) P F N E O
- Oberon Press (Ottawa P F N
- Palimpsest Press (Kingville) P
- paperplates books (Toronto) F E
- Penguin Books Canada (Toronto)
- Penumbra Press (Manotick) P F N C D E O
- The Porcupine’s Quill (Erin) not specified
- Quattro Books (Toronto) F
- Seraphim Editions (Toronto)
- Wingate Press (Stratford) P F
- Wolsak & Wynn Publishers (Toronto) P
- Literary Press Group of Canada (Toronto)
Prairies (MB, SK, AB)
- Banff Centre Press (Banff, AB) N O
- Coteau Books (Regina, SK) nbsp; P F N C D O
- Cyclops Press (Winnipeg, MB)
- EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing (Calgary, AB
- Frontenac House (Calgary, AB) P
- Great Plains Publications (Winnipeg, MB)
- Jack Pine Press (SK)
- Laksa Media Groups Inc. (Calgary, AB) F, N
- NeWest Press (Edmonton, AB) P F N D
- Red Deer Press (Calgary, AB) P F N C D
- Signature Editions (Winnipeg, MB) P F N D
- Spotted Cow Press (Edmonton, AB) P F O
- Thistledown Press (Saskatoon, SK) P F N C
- Turnstone Press (Winnipeg, MB) P F N O
- Anvil Press (Vancouver) P F N D
- Arsenal Pulp Press (Vancouver) F N O
- The Caitlin Press (Prince George) P F N
- Coastal West Publishing (Vancouver) N
- Douglas & McIntyre (Vancouver) F N
- Ekstatis Editions (Victoria) P F N C
- Frog Hollow Press (Victoria) P chapbooks
- Greenboathouse Books (Victoria and Vernon) P chapbooks
- Greystone Books (Vancouver) F N
- Harbour Publishing P F C
- Leaf Press (Lantzville) P chapbooks
- (m)Öthêr Tøñgué Presš (Salt Spring Island) P F N chapbooks
- Oolichan Books (Lantzville) P F N
- Raincoast Books (Vancouver) P F N C
- Ripple Effect Press (Vancouver) P F N
- Ronsdale Press Vancouver) P F N C E
- Sono Nis Press (Victoria) N C O
- Talon Books (Burnaby) P F N D
Canadian print and online journals accepting literary submissions.
- 17 Seconds (ON). Poetry.
- Arc Poetry Magazine (ON). Poetry, reviews, interviews, and articles on poetry
- The Antigonish Review (NS). Poetry, fiction, articles, reviews
- BALDHIP (BC). Poetry
- Brick Magazine (ON). Nonfiction
- Broken Pencil (ON). Articles, fiction, nonfiction
- Bywords (ON). Poetry, postcard fiction
- Canadian Literature (BC). Articles, poems, book reviews, interviews
- Canadian Notes & Queries. Nonfiction (literary and cultural criticism, essays, memoir, humour)
- Canadian Writer’s Journal (ON)
- Canthius. Poetry and prose from established/emerging women and genderqueer writers
- The Capilano Review (BC). Fiction, poetry, and drama
- CAROUSEL (ON). Prose, poetry, experimental texts.
- Cargo Literary (PE). creative nonfiction, memoir, personal essay, poetry, book reviews.
- carte blanche (QC). Fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, graphic fiction, translations
- Cede Poetry (BC). Poetry
- Challenging Destiny (ON). Science fiction, fantasy short stories
- The Claremont Review (BC). Poetry, fiction and short drama by young adults (13-19)
- Contemporary Verse 2 / CV2 (MB). Poetry, interviews, articles, essays, reviews
- dANDdelion (AB). Poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, reviews, interviews
- The Danforth Review (ON). Poetry, short stories, reviews
- The Dalhousie Review (NS). Articles, fiction, poetry, book reviews
- ditch, (NL). Avant-guarde/experimental poetry
- Echolocation (ON). Poetry, fiction, drama, creative nonfiction
- Eighteen Bridges (AB). Essays, fiction, poetry
- Event (BC). Fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
- Exile Quarterly (ON). Fiction, poetry.
- Existere : Journal of Arts and Literature (ON). Poetry, fiction, interviews, reviews, essays
- Exit, revue des poesie (QC). Poetry
- The Feathertale Review (ON). Humorous short fiction, poetry
- The Fiddlehead (NB). Short stories, poems, book reviews, personal essays
- The Fieldstone Review (SK). Poetry, short fiction, nonfiction, reviews
- filling station (AB). Poetry, fiction, one-act plays, essays
- Forget Magazine (BC). Poetry, fiction, and essays.
- FreeFall Magazine (AB). Prose, fiction, nonfiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, interviews
- Geist (BC). Fiction, nonfiction, poetry
- Geez (MB). Articles, commentary, faith-based pieces
- Glass Buffalo (AB). Fiction, nonfiction, poetry from current University of Alberta students.
- Guts (ON). Feminist literary essays/reviews, long-form journalism, interviews, fiction
- Grain Magazine (SK). Poetry and prose
- The Hart House Review (ON). Fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction
- Hamilton Arts & Letters (ON). Poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, long form essays, reviews
- Hamilton Review of Books (ON). Book reviews, long form essays, and interviews
- Hazlitt. Articles, interviews, profiles, essays (personal, literary), criticism, humour
- The Humber Literary Review (ON). Fiction, reviews, poetry, essays
- The Impressment Gang (NS). Poetry, fiction, non-fiction, reviews, writing in general
- Joypuke (NB).
- Lake Journal (BC). Essays and creative writing related to the environment
- The Literary Review of Canada (ON). Reviews, essays, poetry
- MacroMicroCosm. Speculative fiction and nonfiction
- Maisonneuve (QC). Nonfiction (reporting, essays, memoir, humour)
- The Mackinac. Poetry.
- Malahat Review (BC). Poetry, fiction, reviews
- Matrix (QC). Fiction, poetry, commentary
- The Maynard (online). Poetry.
- The Montreal Review (QC). Book reviews, long-form critical essays, literary non-fiction
- The Nashwaak Review (NB). Poetry, short fiction, travel pieces, essays, articles, reviews
- The Newfoundland Quarterly (NL). Content on Newfoundland and Labrador culture and history
- NōD (AB).
- On Spec (AB). Speculative fiction and poetry.
- One Throne (YK). Short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry
- Ottawater (ON). Poetry that focuses on Ottawa poets and poetics
- paperplates (ON) Essays, fiction, poetry, reviews
- (parenthetical) Poetry and fiction
- Petal Journal (ON). Poetry by women
- Pictures & Portraits (ON). Experimental fiction and nonfiction
- Plenitude Magazine. LGBTTQI literary fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic narrative
- Poetry is Dead. Poetry
- Polymath. Speculative fiction and poetry
- Prairie Fire (MB). Poems, short stories, personal essays, interviews
- Prairie Journal (AB). Poetry, short fiction, drama, literary criticism, reviews, interviews
- PRISM international (BC). Short fiction, poetry, drama, translation, creative nonfiction
- The Puritan (ON) Fiction, poetry, interviews, reviews, essays, and more.
- Queen’s Quarterly (ON). Articles, essays, reviews, short stories, poetry
- The Quilliad (ON). Poetry, flash fiction, short stories
- QWERTY (NB). Print. Poetry, fiction
- Quills Canadian Poetry Magazine (ON). Poetry
- Rampike (ON). Any literary genre
- Rhubarb (MB). Creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry
- RicePaper (BC). Poetry, short fiction, reviews, essays, interviews, and more.
- Riddle Fence (NL) Poetry, fiction, nonfiction
- Room (BC). Short stories, poems, art, and reviews from women writers.
- The Rusty Toque (ON). Poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, graphic short fiction, experimental
- Sad Mag (BC). Nonfiction that features the lives and work of Vancouver residents
- Scarborough Fair (ON). Annual anthology for the U of T Scarborough
- Sewer Lid. Fiction, nonfiction, poetry
- Shameless. Articles and pieces for young women and trans youth
- Soliloquies (QC). Poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction
- sub-TERRAIN (BC). Poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction.
- Taddle Creek (ON). Fiction and poetry
- THIS Magazine (ON). Articles, literary journalism, essays, memoir
- text. Short poetry, flash fiction, tweets
- TNQ: The New Quarterly (ON) Accepts poetry and short fiction. Pays.
- Toronto Quarterly (ON). Poetry, short stories
- Tower Poetry (ON). Poetry
- Tracer (ON). Short stories
- Vallum (QC). Poetry, reviews, essays, interviews
- Understorey Magazine (NS). Fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry by writers who identify as women
- The Windsor Review (ON). Poetry, short fiction, nonfiction.
- XYZ (QC).